RIO Calibration Standard
According to the state of the art, no method exists that is able to check the efficiency of a cleanliness inspection. Inspite of the specification of thetesting procedure, the results of cleanliness inspections carried out testing identical samples in different laboratories differ significantly. Of course, a blank is recorded, for instance during the extraction step in a cleaning cabinet but these blank values do not enable a conclusion on the particle loss during the entire procedure.
RIO Calibration Standard:
Our innovative approach is the usage of artificially prepared particle samples as calibration standard for the particle analysis as well as for the cleaning step. Application of the particle standards have to be executed acorrding to a accuratly described procedure. In order to imitate particular contaminations as realistic as possible (and complient to the material and chemical nature of the test species), RIO Cleanalytic Services offers calibration standards including aluminium, stainless steel or polymer particles. Aluminium and stainless steel calibration standards are base on a hydrophobic matrix that can be dissolved in industrial cold cleaner. The polymer particles are embedded in a hydrophilic matrix that can be dissolved in water. The particle size for all particles is lower than 1 mm in diameter.
- Gravimetric analysis of the efficiency of a cleanliness inspection
- Realistic extraction step via application on real component surfaces with arbitrary geometry
- Increase in reproducability and therewith the quality of your services
- Independant control of the entire process cycle
- Possible identification of sources of particle loss using the polymer calibration standard via fluorescence of the particles upon UV-irradiation.
- Optimization of the procedure of a cleanliness inspection with regard to sources of particle loss
- Auditing of customers and providers concerning quality standards in the field of technical cleanliness
- Improvement of comparibility of test results
- Verbesserung der Vergleichbarkeit von Prüfergebnissen aus Sauberkeitsanalysen
- Proof for accreditation
A free-available guidance for appropriate application and proceeding of our RIO Calibration Standards you can find as fileadmin/contents/Anleitung_Kalibriernormal.pdfPDF document and in form of a video.
Instructions for use deionized water soluble, fluorescent plastic particles
Instructions for use Extraction with cold cleaner, aluminum particles
In case of questions and/or comments please do not hesitate to contact us!
Types of RIO Calibration Standards
|Particle Material / Category||Diameter Particle||Size Ranges||Solubility Matrix||Price / Set of 2||Price / Set of 3||Price / Set of 5|
|Aluminum||90-150 µm||E-F||Cold Cleaner||60,00 €||90,00 €||140,00 €|
|Stainless Steel||50- 90 µm||E||Cold Cleaner||60,00 €||90,00 €||140,00 €|
|Polymer (Polyamide)||170-260 µm||G-H||Water||60,00 €||90,00 €||140,00 €|
Light-microscopical Particle Standards
Moreover, two light-microscopical particle standards are in the development phase that are suitable for the qualification of particular optical analysis units.
There will be two size ranges available: One standard will contain matallic particles of the size classes E 50-100 μm, F 100-150 μm and G 150-200 μm in an organic matrix, the other one identical particles of the size classes H 200-400 μm, I 400-600 μm and J 600-1000 μm.
Interested? If yes, please do not hesitate to contact us!